CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May I Present the Play of the Year?

I don't know what's wrong with our Sox right now, but I trust that they will come out of this slide and eventually retake first place from the TB Sunbeams (puppies and butterflies notwithstanding).

In the meantime, THIS play that Manny made yesterday has got to be the most amazingly awesome thing I have EVER seen! Manny makes the grab, facing the wrong way, running full speed, WALKS up the wall, high-fives a fan, and makes the relay throw in to double up the guy at first base. HAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Oh, and the batter was Millar, wasn't it? Heh.

And that, my friends, is why we love Manny being Manny!


And just for kicks, HERE is Asdrubal Cabrerra's unassisted double play from a couple days ago. (Thanks to Dawn for catching that mistake...I won't change it so her comment will still make sense...that should have read triple play, not double play.) It's only been done 14 times in MLB history. It's kind of confusing, but if you watch closely at the beginning, the two runners were going at the pitch (hit and run?). By the time Cabrerra had the ball, the runners were at second and third. He made the diving catch, jumped up, tagged second base, then tagged Scutaro, who had already rounded second. It was glorious.

TTFN, y'all!

2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I have to say, these moments of Manny being Manny make some of the more infamous ones tolerable & then some. For every time I have been frustrated by him, he also has a huge moment that makes me forget.

PS Not to nitpick but you mean unassisted *triple* play right? ;-) LOL!

Bickley said...

Oops. *blush* Yeah.