CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 18, 2008

Ring Tone Amusement

A funny thing happened tonight.

We went to a nearby Academy Sports store for a Texas Rangers "Town Meeting" fan forum. It's part of their "Winter Caravan," where players and staff make the rounds during the off season to meet the fans.

Tonight's event featured former Rangers catcher Jim Sundberg, GM Jon Daniels, radio broadcaster Victor Rojas, new Rangers catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia (heh), and reliever Wes Littleton.

So we're sitting in the store, having a Q&A session when my cell phone goes off. That, in and of itself, is not funny. What's funny is the ring tone.

Here we sit, when all of a sudden, my phone says, "The pitch...SWING AND A MISS! IT'S OVER! THE RED SOX HAVE SWEPT THE COLORADO ROCKIES..." etc.

BAHAHAHAHA!!! I was scrambling for my phone as I got some curious looks from folks around me. Funny thing...no one begrudges my Red Sox "fan-ness." I mean, I'm wearing my Ian Kinsler Rangers t-shirt, so it's not like I'm at a Rangers event dressed in Red Sox gear (like I will be when the Red Sox play in Texas, hehe).

It was just very funny, that's all.

Oh, and the call? It was my oldest daughter telling me that her and her boyfriend are buying "Rock Band" for the XBox 360 and are bringing it over to our house tomorrow to play.

Huzzah!!

TTFN, y'all!

2 comments:

Tex said...

LOVE IT!!! My ringtone WAS Sweet Caroline!! I just got a new phone!! But that one is even BETTAH

Bickley said...

I have Sweet Caroline, too. That was the ringtone before we won the series again. I've tried to find "Dirty Water," but I can't get that as a ringtone anywhere. I suppose I could make my own. I can't remember if I have "Tessie" on there or not...