CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Forecast: Baseball Coming Soon

Just an update to let anyone know I'm still here. I know at least one person reads this...heh.

Congrats to the Patriots for win number 17. Looks like they have a clear road to a Superbowl championship now that the Colts lost. Our Cowboys laid down, as well. Truthfully, I think they quit playing three or four weeks ago. I'm predicting a Packers/Pats 'bowl, with a Patriots victory. They'll probably come from behind, too. They seem to like to do that.

I keep checking the baseball sites for trades, etc. This has been a relatively slow winter. I'm watching the Red Sox site eagerly (with some anticipation) to see if Ellsbury is staying on the roster. They'd better hang on to him. I've got a lot of respect for Theo's baseball genius. If he trades Ellsbury, that will drop drastically.

They probably should go ahead and deal Crisp. I like Crisp (sounds like a good breakfast cereal), but Ellsbury is faster and much more exciting to watch.

I will say, though...the one thing that the Sox could trade for is a consistent shortstop. It seems like that has been a weak spot for several years. You know, we've got solid, recognizable names at almost every position, now, but when I think of Red Sox shortstops, I have to stop and think a minute...um...oh, yeah. Lugo...or maybe Cora.

I wish it would hurry up and be April. Or even March. At least they would be playing in Florida and Arizona. Especially now that football season is winding down. We are rapidly approaching that boring time of year when there's nothing to see but basketball. Ugh. Oh, yeah...and that hockey thing. Heh.

See you soon!

1 comments:

Tex said...

hey Thanks for the post! Ive been fortunate the last few years in attending at least a dozen or more Red Sox games each year. But I just started a new job and it will curb my travel. I do plan on attending all three games in Arlington I love their park though!