CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, all!

Not much to say right now, because, sadly, we are in the time of year when there isn't much baseball news. Not much going on at all. Fortunately, the Sox have managed to not be stupid and trade Ellsbury. I know the Rangers are kind of eyeing Buchholz. I really don't think the Red Sox are going to part with him, either.

I've read some complaints in the "mail bag" on the Red Sox site. People seem to think that, because the Sox aren't making any moves, that they aren't doing well. Bollocks!! Obviously, these folks have never heard the phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" And, friend, the Red Sox ain't broke!

The Rangers? Now they're broke. Irreparably, in my opinion. But nobody asked for my opinion...

Sadly, Jim Rice did not make the HoF this year. He should be there. Maybe next year.

At this point, I don't have much to say about Roger Clemens. I think he hurt himself by waiting so long to come up with some official statement. Makes it look like he was thinking up a good lie.

However, I think Mitchell may have done baseball great harm by focusing so much on events that happened before there were any bans. If you didn't do anything against the rules, you shouldn't be punished. Period.

Football playoffs are going on. I don't watch much football. A lot of people are predicting a Cowboys/Patriots match-up. I don't know. I live, of course, right next to Dallas. But I'm not much of a Cowboys fan. Jerry Jones is to blame for that. I think it would be very cool if the Pats could go all the way. Maybe they will luck out and not have to play the Colts again. Their match-up with the Jags this weekend could be tough. I'm figuring the 'boys will lose to the Giants. Their momentum was mashed flat in that last game against the Redskins. I don't know what their problem was, but you just don't want to go into a playoff situation on the heels of a miserable performance like that.

My prediction? Superbowl=Patriots/Packers Pats win, making history as the first team to ever go 16-0 and win the Superbowl. They've already made history. So they might as well make some more.

0 comments: