CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

PLAY BALL!!!

It's been almost two months since I've been here. But life has begun again. Now that there has been baseball at Fenway, I can sincerely say that it is, once again, BASEBALL SEASON!!!

Can I get a "WOOT!!"

And this has been, perhaps, one of the best Opening Day (two days?) in recent history. First, Stephanie and I and another family member (Christi's stepfather) watched in somewhat chilly temperature as the Rangers got all over Cliff Lee and the Indians yesterday, 9-1. Kevin Millwood looked stellar for 7 innings, and the only run that the Indians got came in the bottom of the 7th when poor Kevin let one get away from him and Salty couldn't stop it. An Indian was on third base and scored on the wild pitch. Millwood struck out the batter on the next pitch for the third out. C.J. Wilson looked great in the 8th, and Frank Francisco closed it out in nice fashion. The game featured some great plays by all team members, a three run jack by Blalock and a solo shot by Salty. Elvis Androus made a great play at shortstop that, well, sorry, Michael, but you just probably woulnd't have gotten that one.

And then, things got better!! How, you ask? I'm glad because I'll tell ya! The Orioles beat C.C. Sabathia!!!!!! Take that, HANK! The ORIOLES!!!!

Today completed the near-perfect set of Opening Day games when our beloved Sox handed the Desperate Housewives the first of what we can only hope will be multitudes of defeats during '09. I got in on the 8th inning on MLBTV, as I was, you know, sleeping for the day. Beckett must have looked pretty good today, from what I could gather. It was 5-1 when I started watching, and Okajima had put two men on. They scored when Eva Longoria got a hit off Masterson. 5-3. But Masterson took the rest down and that was it. Papelbon closed it out as only Papelbon can do, and the Red Sox are back where they belong, in first place in the AL East.

I feel alive again.

TTFN, y'all!

0 comments: