CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Strike Out King Comes To Boston!!

Whoa! The Red Sox have signed Brad Wilkerson?????????

WHYYYYYY?????

THEO!!! THEO!!!! *slap-slap-slap*

Theo. Listen to me. I realize I'm no "boy wonder" GM, but, please, listen! I live in Texas. I go to Rangers games.

I'VE SEEN BRAD WILKERSON PLAY BASEBALL!!!

Sure, he "belted" 20 home runs his last season here. But I noticed that the article on www.redsox.com does not mention that he LED THE LEAGUE IN STRIKEOUTS!!!!

I watched him strike out 5 times in one game. (That might be a slight exaggeration. But it was a lot.)

Gah.

Might as well put him at shortstop. He's at least as inept as Lugo.

Sigh.

Meanwhile...the Rangers continue their march toward mediocrity.

And Manny, the fastest bat in the west, remains homeless.

TTFN, y'all.

3 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I think they signed him because they found out that Kotsay had back surgery and will likely be out til May. Kotsay out = no backup 1B and Baldelli as our only backup OF. Might as well sign someone to plug the hole til we can get Kotsay back up to speed.

Ted D said...

Bickley, I was all primed to go into the whole Kotsay thing and I see Dawn beat me to it.

Wilkerson drives me batty, but it's good insurance for Kotsay's back and Baldelli's mystery disease.

Bickley said...

Ok. Good point. It's still going to be hard for me to accept seeing him in the hallowed uniform.