CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm Back

I don't know why I haven't blogged in a while. I guess I just didn't feel like writing. I think I'm depressed because the Desperate Housewives continue to rule the AL East.

But FINALLY, yesterday, our boys got it RIGHT! They WON when the DHes LOST! And I saw the glorious ending of that ChiSox/DH game. Believe me, it's the only time I will ever root for Ozzie's bunch. Ever. Well, except for when they play the Evil Empire.

Anyway, we gained a game back, so we're back to 4.5 games out.

With somewhere in the neighborhood of 35 games left in the regular season.

Man. Didn't we just start a few days ago??? How could it be this late already?

I'm all pumped up to see the Sox in Arlington in two weeks. I know that I'm in section 18 for one game and section 218 (Lexus Club level) for Sunday afternoon's game.

Tex, where are you sitting?



In other news, we had a very fortunate experience yesterday that tells us that there is some hope somewhere for the human race.

My wife went to the grocery store. Well, first, her and Steph went and got haircuts. Then they went next door to the Kroger to pick up a few groceries. I had been at a meeting at church and got home while they were gone.

I heard a car door outside and Steph came in and said that Mom left her purse at the store. Turns out she left it in the shopping cart after she unloaded the groceries. She hurried back to the store, and, praise God, someone had turned it in at the Customer Service desk, and everything was still in there!

She was still shaking when she got home. But there are still some good people out there. That's nice to know.


Last thing. Stephie and I went to the Rangers game Friday night, and on the way, we listened to her new Jonas Brothers cd in the van. I was kind of casually listening and here is what I thought I heard:

I don't wanna fall asleep,
Cuz I don't wanna f*** it up...


EXCUSE ME?????????

I certainly perked up and started listening more closely.

I still heard the same thing.

So I started the song over. All this time, Stephanie is totally wondering what I'm doing, right?

Well, it was a little more clear earlier in the song. What it really says is this:

I don't wanna fall asleep,
Cuz I don't know if I'll get up...


*whew*

I knew, really, that the Jonas Brothers would NOT be using that word in their song. But, hey. Say it fast and slur your words a little....

I'm just sayin'.

They need to be a little more careful.

TTFN, y'all!!

2 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Finally! A Sox win and a Rays loss on the same day! Sheesh. About time. I watched the end of the Other Sox/Sunbeams game, and let me tell you, there was copious whining. ::snicker::

Ted D said...

Bickley, welcome back man. And I'm glad to hear your wife's experience with the forgotten purse went well.

As a fellow parent of a Jonas Brother fan I share your pain; but I did my research and they seem, for right now, to be pretty harmless. Thankfully.